In 1858, Casper Druchel, who in Freedom, PA had found the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior, came to New Castle, PA and testified of his newly found Savior among his German brethren. His testimony touched the hearts of hungering souls.
Soon after, preachers of the Evangelical Association, on their way to other preaching places stopped in New Castle, to preach to interested ones. In 1859 the Rev. W. L. Pfeiffer, a minister of the Pittsburgh Conference of the Evangelical Association and pastor of the Harmony Circuit, added New Castle to his Work.
In 1869, the Rev. Jacob Honecker was called as the first regularly appointed pastor. In 1872 a lot was purchased at the corner of Elm and Falls Streets and a small building in which services were being held was moved to the site.
In 1936, during the pastorate of the Rev. J George Knippel, it became imperative to limit the German morning worship service to two each month. The first regular Sunday morning worship service in English took place on November 15, 1936. Rev. Knippel translated the church records and history from the German Language.